WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR BODY IF YOU EAT GINGER EVERY SINGLE DAY?
It is very common to ask questions such as “What will happen to your body if you drink water every day? Or What will happen to your body if you eat green vegetables every day?”, especially when you care about your health. Water is unquestionably the basis of liquid fluids in our organisms, hence it is essential to always stay hydrated, particularly if you are following a diet, having health problems, or purely to look more beautiful. Thus, making dinking water your everyday habit is the most credible key to reach the finest results.
likewise, rendering nourishment on similar vital aliments your everyday habit is the key to a healthy body and beautiful skin. Among countless superb nutritive aliments for your body’s health, we pick Ginger. Being a plant that grows a thick underground stem that sprouts roots, it exceptionally stands out amidst other marvelous aliments as it boosts the human body with all kinds of nutrition and energy. What really is extraordinary about ginger would be how it contributes to the making of most nutritive, cosmetic, pharmaceutic, medicinal, and herbal products and remedies. Just imagine what would consuming such a precious aliment every day do to your body.
Here, we will provide you with the most precise information and insights you must learn about ginger, what would happen to your body if you add it to your everyday habit list, and how to consume it.
Important knowledge you must know about Ginger
First of all, Ginger is considered a type of spices that originated in Southeast Asia and later spread throughout the whole world. The flowery root, Zingiber Officinale, can be harvested all year round. After the harvest, the underground root, Rhizome, is ripped apart from the plant and it can be used freshly, dried under the sun, or powdered. Also, each of the methods gives different results concerning the taste, the fragrance, and chemical compositions.
Ginger contains a variety of chemical substances such as vitamins and minerals. It also contains natural oils that give out that unique and strong fragrance and flavor, for instance, Shogaol, Zingiberene which effectively helps with digestion, and Gingerol. The latter is the most important bioactive compound of ginger. It gives ginger most of its medicinal properties and it is commonly used in the making of pharmaceutical products, especially the ones related to digestion systems or energy-boosting products. However, it is still better to consume ginger in its original form in order not to waste any of its beneficial compositions.
While choosing your fragranced ginger, it is necessary to pay attention to its shape, touch, and smell. You want to make sure your ginger has a firm, smooth and shiny-skinned knobs. If your ginger root has sprouted, it means it is old and will most likely state sooner than later.
That being said, ginger or ginger roots are best to be used in your everyday meals, either by eating it raw in pieces, minced, cooked, or drying it and use it as a powder to fragrant your food and drinks to be healthier. Nowadays, there are mass pursuits for ginger products for both internal and external usage owing to the marvelous rules and benefits ginger has.
What does consuming ginger do to your body
Countless research had taken place to search the properties of ginger as a nutritive and medicinal spice, though they are limited, some studies had proven the superb potential of ginger in curing some common diseases and contribute to keeping our skin and body healthier. For examples:
It reduces the pain from an inflammation
Ginger is proven to inhibit Cyclooxygenase and Lypooxygenage, which reduces the production of the chemical messengers that brings information through the nervous system that sends a signal which causes the feeling of pain. Thus, Ginger compounds work as an Anti-inflammatory at the site of inflammation and help relieve the pain.
It helps with digestion
Having stomach aches and chronic indigestion are widely spread universally as it has become a norm for some. If you are looking for a quick natural remedy or a remedy for long-term usage, then ginger is your solution. Indigestion occurs majorly due to prolonging emptying food from the stomach. The Zengibain in ginger is an enzyme that facilitates the degradation of proteins and other compositions. Thus, consuming ginger speeds up emptying the stomach.
It reduces the nausea
Using Ginger as a remedy for nausea is the most common knowledge circulating around the world. It is especially advisable for those who have morning nausea, pregnant women, and people with motion sickness. It constrains Setoronin Receptors which creates an anti-nausea sense. Consequently, drinking a cup of ginger tea before a meal will reduce the uncomfortable feeling.
It helps relieve muscle pain and sourness
If you are experiencing an exhausting day, or you have been sitting on your work desk all day, then drink some ginger soup or put ginger powder and salt in warm water and soak your feet in. Ginger is an effective anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial ingredient, which helps recover faster from muscle sourness, especially if eaten eaw every day.
It keeps you hydrated
This is especially effective when consuming ginger with water. Consider drinking ginger water every day to keep you hydrated and boost your energy.
It significantly helps with weight loss
No matter what your body’s metabolism is, ginger is a powerful weapon for weight loss. Dieting is too tiring sometimes that you just want to indulge yourself in delicious food instead of considering the health part. Drinking a glass of warm water with ginger juice before breakfast, lunch, or dinner will burn the unneeded lipids and other substances accumulated in your body. It stimulates the process of metabolism in the body, which helps decrease the levels of cholesterol.
The 6-Shogaol in ginger is a compound that has the function of attacking and inhibiting or reducing the growth of breast cancer stem cells. Thus, eating raw ginger every day helps to prevent cancer in the long term.
How to consume ginger every day safely
Having understood how consuming ginger is greatly beneficial to keep our body healthy. The quantity of everyday usage must be taken into consideration. As much as it has advantages, consuming too much ginger may lead to unwanted aftereffects or unhealthy and damaging consequences. That being said, recipes have been prepared for your everyday usage of ginger for better health and a better life.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
- Fresh unpeeled ginger can last for weeks in a dark, cool place.
- Freshly peeled and sealed ginger can last for 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Fresh frozen ginger can last for long periods.
- DO NOT EXCEED 2 grams of ginger per day.
- Prepare 6 grams of freshly peeled and sliced ginger.
- Prepare a glass-bottle of 1 liter of hot water.
- Add your sliced ginger to the bottle of hot water and save it till it cools down.
- The ginger water can last for 3 days outside the fridge.
Drinking Ginger water every day before breakfast will help your body organs function more effectively, besides, it will help you burn calories especially if you drink it after you warm it up.
- Wach, peel, cut, then pound 2 inches piece of ginger.
- Heat ½ liter of water in a casserole.
- Add your pounded ginger, 1 medium piece of cinnamon, one piece of cardamom, 2 gloves, 4-5 crushed black peppercorn, 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder, then allow everything to boil for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Put 2 tsp of honey in your serving cup, put a strainer and squeeze ½ lemon on it, then strain in the boiled ginger tea.
- Drink it while still warm.
Ginger tea is a natural home remedy for cold and sore throat. It is also the best natural heater on cold days because it gives you more energy and keeps your body’s metabolism in check.
Carrot-orange ginger soup
- 2 tsp of grated orange, 2 tbsp of orange juice, a big piece of ginger chopped, 1 chopped onion, 1 sliced carrot, 1 tbsp of butter, 4 cups of vegetable stock, and a soup cube or salt and black pepper.
- Put the butter in the cooker. Once it melts, add in the chopped ginger and grated orange. Stir for ½ minute, then add in the chopped onion. Saute everything until translucent.
- Add in the sliced carrot, then stir for ½ minute.
- Add in the water/vegies stock, the soup cube, pinch of salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cover the cooker and cook until the carrot is cooked.
- Blend it after you make sure it cooled down. Then heat it up again.
- Add orange juice and orange rends right before serving.
Drinking carrot-orange soup at least 3-4 days a week, either for breakfast, before lunch, or for dinner, has long-term benefits, especially for those who have chronic digestion.
Using ginger for seasoning your meals
- To season your Chicken breast for one serving: use the amount of 1 tbs of minced ginger, 3 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of white vinegar, 2 tbsp of yogurt, ½ tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp of salt, and black pepper. The ginger and garlic work together to kill the bacteria on the surface of the chicken.
- To season your salad for one serving: use 1 tbsp of ginger juice, 1 tsp of lemon juice, ½ tsp mustard sauce, 2 tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and black pepper.
- To season your pasta’s white sauce use both ginger juice and ginger powder to boost the aroma and taste of ginger.
- Add powdered ginger to your fried eggs for breakfast.