When do you start measuring blood pressure? What to do if the values are not in the base? Can you avoid high blood pressure? Natural remedies against high blood pressure…
Hypertension appears silently and may not have any physical manifestations for years – 25% of people do not know they have hypertension.
High blood pressure if…
- In the doctor’s office, the values that relate to the issue of hypertension above are 140/90.
- At home, measurements always show lower values, which is why the threshold is 135/85.
When do you start measuring blood pressure?
The risk of high blood pressure increases with age. Because it usually doesn’t have any symptoms, it is She recommends starting the first measurements between the ages of 40 and 50. See your doctor once a year for a checkup. In some pharmacies, you can also ask them to take the measurement. If you get headaches a lot, see your doctor, even if you’re younger. Because nowadays young people also suffer from high blood pressure.
What to do if the values are not in the base?
In the doctor’s office there is something called “white apron effect”, Which explains the high blood pressure when measured there with the patient’s anxiety, when in fact there is no real evidence of high blood pressure. For this reason, your doctor will advise you to repeat the procedure at home, in a quiet time. For this you need a home blood pressure monitor.
How do you measure pressure correctly?
Blood pressure is not static and changes throughout the day. Doctors advise to measure it for 5-7 consecutive days in the morning before breakfast and in the evening before bedtime.
Sit comfortably in a chair and put your hand from elbow to wrist to lie on the table. Place the device at heart height. Take three consecutive measurements with a two-minute interval and note the average.
- When you get the data from these consecutive days, it will become clear whether you have high blood pressure or not.
Which device to choose?
Cardiologists recommend over-elbow devices. It is easier to use other types that rest on the wrist, but you are more likely to make measurement errors.
Can we avoid high blood pressure?
Yeah! By following certain rules of hygiene of life, you can successfully control blood pressure.
Research shows that regular regimen is the most effective tool Physical activity – at least 20 minutes three or four times a week. Other important data that depends on our will is Body weight, smoking and alcohol consumption.
If the hypertension is mild, that is, the values do not exceed 145/90, then a cigarette-free recovery program, with more exercise and very moderate alcohol consumption, can save us from taking medications. These recommendations apply to people under the age of 40. Older adults usually need to control their high blood pressure with medication as a safer safeguard against cardiovascular problems.
Be careful with the salt!
We should not consume more than 6 grams of salt per day, But this threshold can be easily crossed, because salt is everywhere – in bread, sausages, canned foods, ready meals … 100 grams of salami actually contains 5-6 grams of salt! In cases of high blood pressure, excessive intake of spice increases the risk of cardiovascular accidents. It is therefore important to follow healthy eating habits even before the age of high blood pressure (after 60 years).
Natural remedies against high blood pressure
- The combination of garlic, honey and apple cider vinegar normalizes blood pressure. You need 8 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of natural apple cider vinegar. Mix all ingredients with a blender or blender. Maybe by hand, but you need to mash the garlic beforehand. Store the mixture in a glass jar and in the refrigerator for 5 days. Take 1 tablespoon in the morning, diluted in a glass of warm water or fresh fruit juice, at least 20 minutes before eating.
- banana Also taming high blood pressure. They are rich in potassium – a chemical element that lowers sodium levels, and this leads to a lowering of pressure in the blood vessels.
- celery It is rich in chemical compounds that help relax the muscles and arterial walls – thus facilitating blood flow and creating conditions for lowering blood pressure.
- hot red pepper Prevents platelet aggregation and arterial blockage. Hot spices ensure unhindered passage of blood through the blood vessels and normal blood pressure.